Site Meter '); preview.document.close(); }
<[CDATA[]]>

« Home | Funny » | D&D One-Off » | Stuck » | FYI, AFK (Holiday) » | The Economist Features Video Games » | VG Events » | Troublemaker » | Video Game Music Link Dump » | Naked Time! » | Madness! Madness, I Say! »

23 August 2005

Back

I am back from holiday and from working at Otakon. I guess I missed gaming blog reading. I did manage to check blogs at least once whilst I was away, but I don't think I will have time to backtrack and catch up on every little thing.

People seem to think I'm some sort of uber hardcore gamer, and I guess I am more hardcore than others, but I actually do have other hobbies besides gaming. I just choose to write about gaming because it's interesting.

I've already written about some gaming that transpired on my holiday, but I'll write about Otakon now.

Otakon was fun, but I didn't even get to set foot in the Video Game Room, because by the time I got around to even thinking about video games after my duties, the room had closed for the night (midnight on Friday and Saturday), or I had to do something else (e.g. on Sunday I just had to spend quality time in the Dealer Room to scope out bargains).

However, at the Otakon Staff Party, I played some games. I played Street Fighter Third Strike (PS2), and did reasonably well against one of the Video Game Staffers, better than the other girl who was playing. I also played Guilty Gear X2 on the Xbox, and for a time, I had the Xbox to myself. That's a fun game.

I haven't played it much in the past. The character designs are so outrageous and cool. They are more interesting than Street Fighter, although I have a special place in my heart for Street Fighter characters. In Guilty Gear I like Testament, Baiken, Eddie, and that guy who walks backwards and is possessed. I forgot the last guy's name. He's like some twisted zombie, because he seems to be controlled by someone else. He's a bit disturbing, which is part of the reason why I like him. There are other characters I think I would find cool, but I didn't have a long time to play it, since Dyannamika phoned and then after I was talking to her, everyone started hogging the machine. I want to get this game for my PS2.

They also had a GameCube with the Naruto fighting game on it, though I think it was newer or older game than the one I have played before. I played that many times at one of the other Otakon Staff parties, and so I didn't play it the other night. It gets a little old after a while, even though I haven't seen any Naruto. I guess if I knew the anime better, I would have played it more.

Red Octane had a booth in the Dealer Room and they had some metal pads there. They were demo-ing In the Groove, which I suppose I must play, since I like dance games.

So that was gaming at Otakon. For me, at least.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

The new header is in celebration of the fact that I got Dyannamika addicted to Katamari Damacy. *raises fist in triumph*

And because I like the game, too. :-P

Add a comment

 

About the Name

Page Summary

Links

© Acid for Blood 2005 - 2006
Powered for Blogger
by Blogger Templates