Site Meter '); preview.document.close(); }
<[CDATA[]]>

« Home | 1UP.com, the Secret Forum, and a New Start » | Yourself!Fitness » | 31337 » | Possible Change in Focus » | Killer 7 Reservation » | My Backlog » | Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Related Topics » | Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Progress 2 » | A Good Deal on eBay -- For Someone Else » | The Score »

19 March 2005

Too Many Games, Too Little Time, and Yet I Buy More

I have no time to play video games. It's horrible. I have too many interests and priorities to be spending them playing games. And yet, I buy loads of them, and the backlog pile continues to rise.

I worked an 8-hour shift today at The G. This is unusual as they generally give me short shifts, even though I am only weekend help. There is a staffing shortage due to an abrupt exodus of warm bodies from the ranks of our employees. The result is that everyone must take more hours.

I put in the employee hold drawer four games: Silent Hill 3, Fatal Frame II, DDR MAX 2, and Final Fantasy X-2. All of them used, except for FFX-2. I'd have held FFX-2 used as well, except the copies we had were in bad condition and lacked instruction manuals. I'm extremely picky about the condition of my games. Perhaps it's a holdover from when I used to collect comic books, but I honestly cannot stand scratched games, bent manuals, and all that shit.

I didn't buy them because I've been spending money on other things lately. I'll just let them simmer in the drawer for a few weeks...

I'm going to have even less time to play games because I finally got a decent full time job. And I work part-time at the weekend. Money is good, but it means less time to spend on my hobbies.

Also, I just started a Dungeons & Dragons game on a forum, so that's eating up my time. Even though it hasn't fully started, I'm sorta buried in character generation. *sigh* And I still haven't talked to the DM this weekend like I said I would.

Oh well.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Ha, my revenge for you getting me addicted to Shoujo! Don't worry, I have a plan about your too many video games.

Ha ha ha.

Add a comment