Site Meter '); preview.document.close(); }
<[CDATA[]]>

« Home | Yourself!Fitness » | 31337 » | Possible Change in Focus » | Killer 7 Reservation » | My Backlog » | Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Related Topics » | Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Progress 2 » | A Good Deal on eBay -- For Someone Else » | The Score » | Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Progress 1 »

14 March 2005

1UP.com, the Secret Forum, and a New Start

God, what an annoying site. It is populated with immature people who just want to rack up as many 'Friends' on their list as possible, without a second thought to who they're adding. They also seem to use it as a place to, as one says in the vernacular, "hook-up" with others. And another thing, the site layout and design on 1UP.com is horrendous. It's cluttered and ugly, and it hurts my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to 1UP.com for one thing -- having a blog, profile, and page somehow got me into an invite-only (for now) forum primarily focused on Metroid and Nintendo games. Rock on. I don't know who Luminoth Man is, but he is pretty cool for inviting a random Metroid fan (that would be me) in. So far, the fourms seem quite cool, as they aren't filled with jack-ass kids who have a lot to say about nothing much. On the contrary, I actually found it difficult to locate idiotic, flame-bait, or troll-like posts, which is a good sign.

Anyway, this is my profile on 1UP.com. I think I'll probably erase all my 1UP.com blog posts and vacate the premises before the end of the month.

Appropos to my previous post, I'm going to transfer (and backdate) some of the blog posts I made on 1UP.com to this Blot*Spot. I'll also turn Comments back on, in case someone sumbles across this site and wants to say something about what I write.

Now, as for my previous posts on this blog... I'll delete them, except for posts that have to do with gaming. Most of them are quite whingey. I first envisioned this site as a place for random commentary about random things, and as a place to rant because I didn't want to burden or annoy my friends, or to whine about things that I simply didn't want to talk about with friends. I suppose I shall just have to keep my whinging to myself, write it elsewhere, or even confide in someone! Novel idea!

I don't have any grand ambition for this site. I'm not kidding myself, thinking that hundred of ickle web denizens will come flocking to read my opinions. I just figure that, since gaming has been a part of my life for so long, I might as well write about various related topics in public. It's also good practice.

Hm... Re-reading my first post on this blog, I think I will make the focus a bit wider than just games. Rather than games, I think I'll also talk about other media, e.g. films, television, books, etc. Yes, precious -- media.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment