Site Meter '); preview.document.close(); }
<[CDATA[]]>

« Home | Sexy Console Action » | Internet People Suck » | Acid for Blood »

18 January 2005

Guardian GamesBlog Commenters

I liked the Guardian GamesBlog when it wasn't quite so popular; when moronic arseholes didn't read it, and therefore couldn't feel the need to voice their opinions quite so much. Now it's just become a testosterone-laden forum for holier-than-though, I-know-what's-best, pseudo-intellectual games culture critics. I consider myself as somewhat of a commentator on games culture, after all, I did my dissertation on it. But I certainly don't have all the answers, nor do I purport to have perfect access to perfect information. It bugs me when people act like they're the last word on any issue.

I'm a fairly regular reader of The Guardian, so I was aware of the GamesBlog early on. I started reading in the middle last summer, close to when the blog started -- before it started getting linked-to by everyone and her uncle. Now it's quite popular, which is great, but the scum is most definitely rising to the surface.

An improved layout for comments would be nice. It's hard to tell who's replying to whom.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About the Name

Page Summary

© Acid for Blood 2005 - 2006
Powered for Blogger
by Blogger Templates